Welcoming Atlanta has concluded its inaugural MyCity Academy ATL, which began on December 7, 2016 and ended on June 14, 2017. MyCity Academy ATL is designed to educate our growing foreign-born population and the receiving community in Atlanta about City services and opportunities so that people can become more involved, empowered residents. Over a period of six months, MyCity Academy brought together New Americans and local community leader to learn about how Atlanta’s government and City Hall operates in a safe environment.
- Atlanta’s Civil Rights History;
- City government operations – City organizational structure, agencies, departments;
- How City residents can effectively interact with City departments;
- How to advocate regarding issues or concerns;
- How to take advantage of all the City of Atlanta has to offer through programs, services and resources;
- Get to know other community members and learn how to be involved in your Atlanta.
We are not accepting any applications until the dates of the next cohort have been set.
If you cannot access the application, click here.
For information regarding questions about the program, completing a paper application or applying over the phone in a different language, please contact Tonya Jones, Project/Administrative Assistant at email@example.com.
Check out MyCity Academy featured on ATL Channel 26!