Welcoming Atlanta is launching its inaugural MyCity Academy this December 7th. This new program is designed to educate our growing foreign-born population and the receiving community in Atlanta about City services and opportunities so that people can become more involved, empowered residents. Over a period of six months, MyCity Academy will bring together New Americans and local community leader to learn about how Atlanta’s government and City Hall operates in a safe environment.
Residents will learn:
- Atlanta’s Civil Rights History;
- City government operations – City organizational structure, agencies, departments;
- How City residents can effectively interact with City departments;
- How to advocate regarding issues or concerns;
- How to take advantage of all the City of Atlanta has to offer through programs, services and resources;
- Get to know other community members and learn how to be involved in your Atlanta.
Please fill out the application below!
If you cannot access the application click here.
For information regarding questions about the program, completing a paper application or applying over the phone in a different language, please contact Maria Azuri, Director of Programming, directly at 404-780-8824 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out MyCity Academy featured on ATL Channel 26!