Join the Team!
Welcoming Atlanta has hired our two AmeriCorp VISTA members!
As a Welcoming Atlanta VISTA, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop programming to increase civic engagement among Atlanta’s foreign-born;
- Address the socio-economic classes divide among Atlanta’s immigrant community through civic/leadership development;
- Help in the development and expansion of Welcoming Atlanta programs and services;
- Coordinate large scale recruiting events;
- Increase Welcoming Atlanta’s capacity by creating volunteer recruitment strategies and training models;
- Ensure sustainability and growth of Welcoming Atlanta both inside the City and through the Metro area.
*VISTA participation requires a time commitment of 40 hours per week.
Interested applications should email their resume and cover letter to WelcomingAtlanta@atlantaga.gov by next year’s deadline.
As a part of the initiatives of Welcoming Atlanta, we host a variety of events that cater to our mission of creating a inclusive community and supporting the growing foreign-born population. These events are great opportunities to support the efforts of Welcoming Atlanta while also becoming more connected to your community. Those interested in volunteering with the Office of Immigrant Affairs can participate in events that are dedicated to celebrating Atlanta’s diversity and increasing community dialogue. Participating in these events can help you become more engaged in your community and bridge the gap between new and native Atlantans.
• Welcoming Week/Month (Fall)
• Citizenship Workshops
• Atlanta Soccer Festival (Fall)
• Financial Literacy Workshops
• Business Development Workshops
View previous events on the slider below!